In A World, Far Away; No, I Mean 'Really' Far Away, There's Yet Another Reflection


 It's recently come to my attention that the format, or contents of my posts are a little lacking from the technical prompt. If I am actually right in posts being more than just what you learned. How did I come to this realization, you most certainly do not ask? Well, I read just about all other blog posts. Legitimately. Everyone views a day differently, and the posts are a good example of that. In some posts, something I didn't even think about that occurred that day, is the grounds of the entire post.

 As interesting as I may or may not actually find that topic, the point of this post is to make a reflection. This one consisting of more than just the measly scrap of my day that is what I learned. Now it's thoughts, questions, and events. I'll, of course, still be sticking to just my fourth period.

 We had a fire drill today. Specifically a 'drill'. That's an important distinction, considering how we meandered through the halls and out of the door. A question of mine on the topic? How exactly are we expected to evacuate in the event of a real fire? I mean, I just await the day students are yelling, "I can feel the fire licking at my heels!" and a teacher responds with, "But, wait...single file." Ah, yes, the blessed fire evading technique know as the "single file line". Rivaled only by the winning tactic known as, "The fire alarm doesn't dismiss you. I do." A phrase of which I got from a friend of mine while standing in the grass, awaiting the fire so hot it was literally invisible, to fizzle out so that we could resume our lessons. I'm making fun of the concept, but I do see the point of moving orderly and calmly, to avoid injury in the process. But, you have to admit, in the moment, it does all look and sound a bit silly.

 Onto the first pop quiz I've taken in years. And the very first pop quiz I've taken that so distinctly resembled that of a movie. Where you're quizzed on information you've legitimately only just learned. It was an interesting experience. As for what I thought of it? I thought it was actually a pretty good format for analyzing your more or less immediate reception of information. To get your results right after, printed, and with statistics. With that, there really isn't much else to say about it, it was pretty straightforward. Though, I expected I'd done worse on it than I had.

 Ending in a similar place all of my other reflections began, with what I learned. I learned a bit more distinction than I initially had, with ethos, pathos, and logos. That ethos is paired to the author, pathos with the audience, and logos with the word. Ethos is credibility, logos is fact, and pathos is emotional appeal. And that's all I have to say about that.


. . .


Imagine a blazing fire consuming desks in the back of the classroom and the teacher wagging a finger saying, "No eating in my classroom!" 

Oooh, the fires' in troubllllle.

Comments

Popular Posts