12 Minutes to Reflect... ion

 

 How generous a quantity of time to reflect. On my life? My year? Some important event? No, something that means almost more. What I learned today, just minutes ago in my Ap Literature class. 

 Sarcasm aside, I did in fact learn a couple of things today. Rhetorical situation was the central topic, with seven or eight branching concepts. Exigence, which is what motivates the speaker to argue in the first place. Because you'll likely need some semblance of a motivation to really write with reason to start. Context, is when or at what point the speech is written. Simple enough when all you'll need is some sort of time or date. Purpose, is what the speaker is trying to convey. What they mean to tell you, or convince you of. The audience, is self explanatory. Text, is simply whether it's written or spoken word. Genre, is the medium. Which, contrary to what I initially assumed, is whether it's a television address, written text, or other. Message is the moral, which is the lesson, which is, you guessed it, the theme. Moral has been relevant for the entirety of my school life, so I'm not defining it.

 I learned quite a bit today. Good? I guess you could call it that.

Comments

Popular Posts