2/2/2022

 

 A decent portion of this period was spent in a debate. A good start. And I actually mean no sarcasm. Based on the classes thoughts on Black History month. Personally, I've no issue with it, I just don't think school is the best place for it. When that often makes it out to be the most boring period of time one could experience.

 Somehow someone's opinion that Black History month was anything but 'quality' snowballed into a conversation on racism and the Black Lives Matter movement. Can you be racist to white people? No? After all their entire race, past and present. And I mean every single person, man, woman, and child has it out for us colored people. There's the sarcasm.

 I do, indeed think that you can be racist to white people. Just like you can be racist to any other ethnic group. By definition. To think that you can't be racist to white people, seems to me like thinking yourself above them in some way, or that it's the punishment they're owed. Is that not what led to the issues Black History Month reflects in the first place? A false sense of superiority, fostered hatred, and a back and forth. And the phrase, "I just don't like white people was thrown around". Where did that come from?

 Do we just dislike all white people now? How intuitive. How innovative. How judgmental. How classy.

Comments

Popular Posts